DAY 8: 2020 NOV.29 - THROWBACK SUNDAY
DAY 6: 2020 NOV.22 - THROWBACK SUNDAY
DAY 4: 2020 NOV.15 - THROWBACK SUNDAY
DAY 2: 2020 NOV.8 - THROWBACK SUNDAY
By showcasing world dance forms - all on one stage, we give platforms for all diverse talents to promote multicultural arts and cultural exchange
- Appreciate the highly skilled and talented professional artists by giving them standard honorariums,recognition and broader audiences.
- Networking opportunities with diverse and multicultural artists to help with collaborations and cultural exchange
- Give platform for the emerging artists and encourage them to pursue their dreams and aspirations.
- Promote multicultural community engagement activities by organizing workshops for different dance styles.
- By bringing all traditional, cultural, international, endangered, folk dance styles to make Toronto a Cultural Hub of Canada.
For 6 years (2014-2019) The TIDF has become the only dance festival in Canada that encompasses all dance forms from all over the world. It is a dynamic and distinguished dance festival aimed to provide a single platform for professional and emerging dancers from various diverse cultural backgrounds in Toronto to showcase their talent in the performing arts.
It has evolved into one of Toronto’s must attend events for artists and art lovers in and around the GTA. More than 20,000 people have attended the dance festival since its inception. More than 60 dance styles and more than 100 prominent dance companies | studios | Groups. have participated in this festival. Each year more than 300 emerging and professional level artists are provided a platform to showcase their talents. Countless youth volunteers and businesses are benefited through the Festival’s marketing, networking and advertising strategies.
The recurring theme of the festival is to showcase “World Dance Forms – All on One Stage!”
TIDF provides a common platform to all artists (to display their talents) and the dance connoisseurs (to appreciate the performing arts by masters as well as novices). It proves to be a lavish feast for the eyes and ears for all International dance lovers.
EVENT OUTLINE FOR 2019:
TIDF - KICK OFF
@ Albert Campbell Square
JULY 2, 3, 4, 5
TIDF - WORKSHOPS
@ Scarborough Civic Centre
JULY 6, 7
TIDF - SUMMER SERIES
OUT DOOR FESTIVAL
@ Albert Campbell Square
The indoor fall concert will take place on Saturday October 26th 2019, at the Chinese Cultural Community Center (5183 Sheppard Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1B 5Z5.) This is open only for professional level artists and dance companies who wish to showcase their new or original works. The maximum duration for a full-length piece is 20-30 minutes. Only 10 selected dance works will be included this year.
ARTISTS CALL FOR THE FALL FESTIVAL WILL OPEN SOON!
invites emerging and professional dancers and choreographers to participate in
the 6th annual Toronto International Dance Festival TIDF – FALL CONCERT which will be held on 26th October, 2019 at the Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto. The TIDF Fall Concert is
an indoor dance festival where artists can either perform a 10-30 minute piece of their dance
work | 30-60 Mins of own production to engage audience with a break-out dance session.
Applicants to provide:
- Name, address, phone number, email and website of the Dance Company;
- Biography to include current and previous experiences & awards etc of each artists;
- Description of your presentation;
- Media link to your proposed presentation;
Festival will provide:
- A presentation fee; in accordance to CARCC fee schedule;
- Technical personnel & equipment;
- Marketing and publicity;
Dancing Damsels and the TIDF encourages applicants from all dance styles, cultures and background including differently abled and LGBTQ performers.
Deadline for submission: August 31, 2019
Email submissions to: email@example.com